Guidance for Starting a Friends School
This Kit is designed to support those inspired individuals and groups who feel led to start a Friends school. The Kit includes an overview of key issues and a collection of resources to provide information and inspiration for the journey.
The contents of this New Friends School Kit come in two parts.
Part A is a downloadable pdf (Guidance for Starting a Friends School) which includes, among other things, an annotated bibliography of additional resources that you may want to purchase on your own from other sources.
Part B is a packet of Friends Council on Education resourceswhich will be mailed to you promptly as part of this New Friends School Kit.
Here is a list of the publications that will be mailed to you once you purchase the kit:
- Bookmark: What do Quakers Say? What Do We Do in Quaker Schools?
- Directory of Friends Schools and Educational Organizations [online]
- Faith and Practice of Friends School of Baltimore [online]
- Governance Handbook for Friends Schools
- Principles of Good Practice for Friends School Boards and Every Friends School Trustee
- The Quaker Decision-Making Progress –What Is It? How Can We use It in Friends Schools?
- Readings on Quaker Pedagogy
- The Roots and Witness of Quakerism
- What Does a Friends School Have to Offer?